The price of the treatment depends on the weight of a batch to be treated and includes the following services:
- Preparation of the material for the treatment in Wimmis
- Deacidification of the books and records in accordance with the adapted treatment programme
- Reconditioning during approx. 3-4 weeks
- Test material (3 books => no tests on originals) is subjected to analyses as per QA standards
- Treatment intensity and homogeneity by means of energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence (7 items each on completion of the treatment)
- Colour changes by means of spectrometry (6 items each on the three different types of paper of a test book)
- Surface pH (two measuring points each)
- Preparation of the material for return transport
The batch size depends on the number of treatment baskets and their dimensions.
|Size of the treatment baskets||Number of treatment baskets per batch||corresponds to the number of running metres of documents per batch|
|Nr. 1: Octavo||48||~ 24|
|Nr. 2: Quarto||36||~ 18|
|Nr. 3: Folio size||32||~ 16|
|Nr. 4: Large folio size||32||~ 10|
Click here for information on treatment baskets.